Prepare for a Canadian education

Prepare for a Canadian education 


Where and what to study, how to apply for schools, and a list of Canadian-accepting institutions are all provided. 

Located here: 

picking a course and a school schools, both primary and secondary 

Postsecondary institutions 

language institutes studying at designated French-language schools Application procedures for schools, colleges, and universities health protection picking a course and a school Every province and territory in Canada is in charge of its own educational system. 

Learn more about the educational system and schools: 

Edu-Canada provides information about education in Canada for international students, including a study program search, fees, and other features. 

Ministries and departments in charge of education – details on each province’s and territory’s educational system schools, both primary and secondary 

Primary and secondary schools are institutions that provide instruction to pupils up to the 12th grade level. In general, the terms “primary” and “secondary” refer to classes 1 through 12.               

International students are welcome to enroll in any Canadian elementary or secondary school. For underage children studying in Canada, there are particular regulations. 

Postsecondary institutions 


 Also check out: How to obtain a temporary residential visa


Colleges and universities are

academic institutions, private career colleges, and technical and trade schools. 

Each post-secondary institution has its own requirements for applicants, including the proficiency in English or French required for admission. 

Find out more about post-secondary institutions: 

Universities Canada offers information about Canadian universities, a sizable database of study abroad opportunities, and planning assistance. 

Profiles of colleges and institutes can be found on Colleges and Institutes Canada. 

Information on getting your prior education evaluated against Canadian standards is available from the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials. 

Find information about colleges that teach trades and vocations from the National Association of Career Colleges. 

language institutes 

English or French are frequently taught as second languages in Canadian schools. Contact Languages Canada for more details on private language programs. 

    learning French In Canada, there are various options for studying French. There is information on schools and organizations that provide French-language instruction in Canada.Information on academic programs in French, English, or both is available from the Association des universités de la francophonie canadienne. designated educational facilities Schools that can accept overseas students have their approval (or “designation”) from provinces and territories. As authorized learning institutions, these institutions are known (DLI). 

    If you require a study permit, a DLI must provide your acceptance letter. We will reject your application if it isn’t. Canada’s elementary and secondary schools are all DLIs. A list of the designated post-secondary institutions, including colleges, universities, and language schools, can be searched. 

Application procedures for schools, colleges, and universities 

Once you’ve decided on a school, college, or university, you must submit an application. How to apply is governed differently by each school. 

Be sure to submit at least: 

If you want to enroll in a primary or secondary school, you must do so six months in advance; for a post-secondary program at a university, college, etc., you must do so a year in advance. 

To find out how to apply, get in touch with the college you want to attend. The list of all the documents you need to send them will be sent to you. Your school can provide you with information on: 

the price of applying tuition, fees, health insurance, rent, and the cost of living in Canada, as well as language examinations. 

Apply online or by mail to the school or schools of your choice. To submit them, adhere to their guidelines. 

You will receive an acceptance letter from the school if they decide to accept you as a student. This letter is required in order to apply for a study permit. 

health protection 

The medical expenses of international students are not covered by the Canadian government. 

Depending on where you live, various foreign students have varied health coverage. For more information on health insurance, get in touch with the institution you’re applying to.

How to apply         

  Recommended post 

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *