The Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship is a merit-based program that helps students fulfill their academic dreams. It was created by Gen and Kelly Tanabe, authors of the book “Get Free Cash for College,” to provide financial assistance to students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, and community involvement.
The scholarship is open to high school students, undergraduate students, and graduate students who are legal residents of the United States. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and must submit an essay of 1,000 words or less on a specified topic.
The scholarship awards $1,000 to the winner and is renewable for up to three years. The application deadline is typically in December of each year, and the winners are announced in March of the following year.
To be eligible for the Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be legal residents of the United States.
- Must be currently enrolled in a high school, college or university program in the United States, or planning to enroll in such a program in the upcoming academic year.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must submit a 1,000-word essay on a specified topic. The essay must be original and written by the applicant.
- Must provide two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other professionals who can attest to the applicant’s academic abilities and character.
- Must submit an official transcript from their current or most recent educational institution.
- Must complete the online application form and submit all required materials by the specified deadline.
It is important to note that meeting these requirements does not guarantee that an applicant will be selected as a scholarship recipient. The selection process is competitive, and scholarships are awarded based on merit, academic achievement, leadership, and community involvement.
Aim of the scholarship
The purpose of the Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, and community involvement. The scholarship was created by Gen and Kelly Tanabe, authors of the book “Get Free Cash for College,” to help students fulfill their academic dreams and pursue their educational goals.
The scholarship is intended to support students who have shown a commitment to their academic studies, as well as to their communities through volunteering, leadership, or other activities. By providing financial assistance, the scholarship aims to help students overcome the financial barriers that can sometimes prevent them from pursuing higher education.
In addition to providing financial support, the scholarship also seeks to recognize and reward students for their hard work, dedication, and achievements. By doing so, it hopes to encourage and inspire future generations of students to pursue their academic goals and become leaders in their communities.
How to apply
To apply for the Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Visit the scholarship website at https://www.gkscholarship.com/
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Create an account by providing your name, email address, and a password.
- Once you have created an account, log in and complete the online application form.
- Upload your essay, transcript, and two letters of recommendation in the appropriate sections of the application.
- Review your application to ensure that all required materials have been submitted.
- Submit your application before the deadline.
The application deadline is typically in December of each year, and the winners are announced in March of the following year. Be sure to check the scholarship website for the specific deadline for the current application cycle.
Here is the direct link to the scholarship application page: https://www.gkscholarship.com/about-the-scholarship/application-information/