DOT – SEI Scholarship program 2023-2024: How to Apply
The DOST-SEI Scholarship offers financial assistance to students who are enrolled in priority STEM courses at partner universities and colleges across the Philippines. These benefits include a monthly stipend, book allowance, and other academic-related expenses.
Here are some colleges and universities that participate in the DOST-SEI Scholarship program:
- University of the Philippines (UP) System
- Ateneo de Manila University
- De La Salle University
- Mapua University
- University of Santo Tomas
- Adamson University
- Central Luzon State University
- Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology
- Visayas State University
Note that this list is not exhaustive and may change from year to year. To apply for the DOST-SEI Scholarship, students must meet certain eligibility criteria and pass a qualifying exam. The application process usually starts in the last quarter of the year.
To be eligible for the DOST-SEI Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen
- Must be a member of the top 5% of the graduating class for senior high school students in a STEM strand
- Must have a General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent in their first three years of high school
- Must have a National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) score that is commensurate to the chosen STEM strand
- Must be in good health and of good moral character
- Must pass the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination
In addition to these eligibility criteria, there are other requirements that applicants need to submit when applying for the scholarship. These include:
- Accomplished DOST-SEI application form
- Two 2×2 ID photos
- Certified true copy of the student’s Senior High School Report Card (Form 138) or the Permanent Record
- Certified true copy of the student’s Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the high school principal or guidance counselor
- Results of the National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE)
- Certificate of Residency issued by the barangay, municipality, or city where the student resides
- Certificate of Indigency, if applicable
It’s important to note that the requirements may vary slightly from year to year, so it’s best to check the official DOST-SEI website or contact their office for the most up-to-date information.
The eligibility requirements for the DOST-SEI Scholarship are as follows:
- Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must be a member of the top 5% of the graduating class for senior high school students in a STEM strand.
- Must have a General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent in their first three years of high school.
- Must have a National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) score that is commensurate to the chosen STEM strand.
- Must be in good health and of good moral character.
- Must pass the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination.
Note that meeting these eligibility requirements does not guarantee that an applicant will be awarded the scholarship. The selection process is competitive, and there are a limited number of slots available. Applicants must also meet other criteria, such as the submission of all required documents and compliance with the application deadlines.
It’s important to note that the eligibility criteria may change from year to year. It’s best to check the official DOST-SEI website or contact their office for the most up-to-date information.
How to Apply:
To apply for the DOST-SEI Scholarship, interested students must first meet the eligibility requirements and pass the scholarship examination. Here are the steps to apply for the scholarship:
- Download and accomplish the application form from the DOST-SEI website or get a copy from the nearest DOST-SEI office.
- Submit the accomplished application form and the required documents to the DOST-SEI office in your area or to the DOST-SEI central office.
- Wait for the announcement of the scholarship examination schedule and venue. The examination is usually held in October or November.
- Take the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination on the scheduled date and venue.
- Wait for the announcement of the list of scholarship awardees, which is usually released in May or June of the following year.
Here are the links to the DOST-SEI website and their official social media pages for more information and updates on the scholarship program:
- DOST-SEI website: http://www.sei.dost.gov.ph/
- DOST-SEI Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DOSTSEI
- DOST-SEI Twitter page: https://twitter.com/DOST_SEI
- DOST-SEI YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFpi6U_8RdWZmqGmJUMzA1w