“A Place for Mom” is a senior care referral service that offers a scholarship program for students pursuing higher education in fields related to aging and elderly care.
The scholarship is available to both undergraduate and graduate students who are studying gerontology, nursing, medicine, social work, or other fields related to aging or senior care.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit an essay of 500-900 words that addresses the following topic:
“How has your work and volunteer experience influenced your career goals in the field of senior care?”
The scholarship is awarded twice per year, with deadlines on April 15th and November 15th. The selected recipient will receive a $1,000 scholarship to be used towards their education expenses.
For more information and to apply for the scholarship, visit the A Place for Mom Scholarship page on their website.
To be eligible for the A Place for Mom scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a legal resident of the United States or Canada.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be pursuing a degree in a field related to aging or senior care, such as gerontology, nursing, medicine, social work, or another related field.
- Submit a completed application, including an essay of 500-900 words on the given topic.
Applicants must also agree to the terms and conditions of the scholarship program, which include allowing A Place for Mom to use their name and essay for promotional purposes if they are selected as the scholarship recipient.
Aim of A place for mom Scholarship
The purpose of the A Place for Mom scholarship is to support and encourage students who are pursuing education in fields related to aging and senior care. As the population ages, there is an increasing need for professionals who can provide quality care and services to seniors. By offering this scholarship, A Place for Mom aims to support students who are committed to making a difference in the lives of seniors and their families.
The scholarship also helps to raise awareness of the importance of senior care and the many career opportunities that are available in this field. By providing financial support to students, A Place for Mom hopes to inspire more young people to pursue careers in senior care and to become leaders in this growing industry. Ultimately, the scholarship helps to improve the quality of care for seniors and enhances their overall well-being.
How to apply
To apply for the A Place for Mom scholarship, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the A Place for Mom Scholarship page on their website: https://www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
- Read the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions to ensure that you are eligible to apply.
- Write an essay of 500-900 words on the topic provided. Your essay should address the following prompt: “How has your work and volunteer experience influenced your career goals in the field of senior care?”
- Complete the application form, which includes providing your personal information and uploading your essay.
- Click the “Submit” button to complete your application.
The deadlines for submitting applications are April 15th and November 15th of each year. The selected recipient will receive a $1,000 scholarship to be used towards their education expenses.
Here is the link to the scholarship page: https://www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship